At Begbies Traynor Group we are always searching for ways to lessen our environmental impact with the ultimate destination being net-zero.
As a professional services business, we believe that we have a low environmental impact when compared to other industries. However, we are conscious of the impact we do have on the environment and are committed to making positive changes to minimise this where possible.
We believe that by reducing our energy consumption, streamlining our supply chain and encouraging a greener way of working, we can operate sustainably, minimise our environmental impact, and protect the business against climate-related risks.
The measures required to limit the effects of climate change, including meeting the net zero carbon challenge, are fundamental to our long-term business interests and entirely consistent with our vision and values.
We are committed to achieving the UK’s target of achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050, and are already making strides to make this a reality.
As a group, our emissions are below pre-pandemic levels, and while we are proud of the progress we have made, we know there are still improvements we can made.
We have made excellent progress in the following areas:
- Strong governance environment through the ESG Committee with a sustainability sub committee
- Ongoing migration of directly contracted energy supplies onto renewable tariffs.
- Continued transition of company car fleet to ultra-low emission vehicles (‘ULEV’) – an increase in 2023 to 36% (20022: 0%)
- Migration of IT services from on-premises servers to a more energy efficient cloud-based solution
- Updates to all office-based printers and scanner hardware to reduce energy consumption
- Replacing current IT storage platform with cloud-enabled SSD (Solid State Drive) storage arrays which are more energy efficient, have a smaller footprint and enable more expansion of our data storage as the business continues to grow
"Working towards shared goals and influencing positive change is crucial for achieving a sustainable future. The Colleague Network will facilitate this endeavour."
One of the Group’s four Colleague Networks is Sustainability. The purpose of Colleague Networks is to help build relationships, provide education and awareness, create development opportunities and raise awareness of issues, challenges and initiatives.
The Sustainability Colleague Network looks at ways to reduce emissions and waste across the group, supporting better use of technology with more efficient and sustainable ways of working.