Job Number: MCRGRAD
Contract Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester
Are you thinking about your options after university? Are you looking to become a chartered surveyor? We have an exciting opportunity to work from our Manchester office within our Estate Management Team with hybrid working available.
Begbies Traynor Group is a leading business recovery, financial advisory and property services consultancy and we are looking for a Graduate Surveyor to support our Director of Estates in delivery of service.
What will you do?
Your core focus would be to align the occupational estate with the needs of the business, meeting statutory obligation and adapting to legislative change.
Key activities will be
- Assist the Director in the management of business premises nationally and internationally
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to ensure delivery of high quality estate services for the wider Group
- To build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Ensure that the service is stakeholder focussed to provide the highest quality communication at all times
- Deal with adhoc enquiries from stakeholders across the estate
- Obtaining and analysing occupational information, extracting key data to maintain a diary of event dates
- Ensure the business is adhering to its tenant obligations
- Ensure key compliance event dates are kept up to date and acted upon as required
- Ensure key contracts remain relevant and best value by regular meetings with key suppliers
- Ensure any subtenant rent, service charge, insurance or miscellaneous charges are issued and received in a timely manner
- Prepare applications for assignment, underletting, alterations or change of use as required
- Review diary of forthcoming events (rent review, lease expiry, break option) to ensure they are actioned and opportunities for the business maximised
- Ensure insurance details are correct and notified to the insurance team in a timely manner
- Ensure that Human Resources are provided with any change of premises details and staff effected
- Undertake periodic inspections of existing / prospective premises as required
- Undertake searches for new premises
- Prepare agency reports / obtain comparable market transactional data in support of any prospective new premises
- Assist in the coordination of onboarding new premises to the business
- Assist in the exit from premises by the business
- Coordinate and collaborate with other estate services (e.g., IT, Building Consultancy)
What will we do?
- Help you grow by supporting you to learn new skills, build technical knowledge alongside your professional development
- Support you to own your own growth so you can perform to your best, be yourself and advocate for others to join our team
- Regularly check in to make sure you’re meeting your personal goals
- Give you the opportunity to build your network across our Group and make a difference by being part of our Colleague Networks who drive change
- Provide a competitive salary and benefits package
What we are looking for
- Degree in Estate Management or similar, with described route to RICS accreditation
- Evidence of the ability to overcome major obstacles in the achievement of the business task
- Evidence of being an organised hard worker focussed on customer satisfaction
- Recognise and resolve conflict and difficult situations that require diplomacy and negotiation
- Evidence of ability to learn new skills quickly
- Some awareness of Health & Safety / compliance
- Experience of managing a varied workload / demands on finite time with ability to prioritise effectively
- Familiarity with statutory test requirements / Health & Safety
- Familiarity with MEES, EPC, DED and other environmental performance measurements
Are you interested?
If you’re interested, then please get in touch, to apply all you need to do is…
- Upload your CV
- Briefly tell us why you’d be excited to join our team
We’d love to hear from you!