Selling A Business
BTG Corporate Finance have a proven track record in creating, leading and delivering exceptional business sales.
Every client who approaches us has, understandably, one particularly burning question and that is: 'How much can I sell my company for?'. It's a valid question but the answer needs careful consideration from a team of corporate valuation experts, such as BTG Corporate Finance.
The one common goal shared by most stakeholders is the desire to maximise value realised from the company sale process. Our objective and responsibility is to assist our clients achieve this goal.
Other key questions that we can ascertain and provide guidance on include:
What are the exit alternatives?
- Equity release to shareholders
Attractiveness of business?
- Assess business through eyes of a purchaser
- Key questions to ask include:
- How key is the owner?
- Is there over reliance on one customer?
- Is the competitive edge sustainable?
Our clients range from major UK corporations to owner-managed businesses, management teams and many of the UK’s major financial institutions. Our objective is to consistently exceed our clients' expectations by delivering creative and effective solutions on all forms of corporate transactions - including valuations and ultimately business sales.
Typically we deal with four types of potential purchasers:
- Trade buyer – typically a competitor (horizontal integration) or part of the supply chain (vertical integration).
- The existing management team (Management Buy-Out - MBO)
- A new management team (Management Buy-In - MBI, or if in conjunction with the existing management, a “BIMBO” – buy-in, management buy-out)
- Institutional Investor (such as a Private Equity house) often with their own management team (Institutional Buy-Out)
Use the links on the right-hand side to find out more information on Exit Strategies, Disposals, Valuations and Vendor Initiated Management Buyouts (VIMBOs).