Main purpose of role:
The main purpose of this role is to provide general office duties to support the efficient running of the Insolvency team and office.
- General administration duties; including, filing, faxing, photocopying and archiving old case notes and records.
- Arranging meeting rooms ensuring appropriate stationary / refreshments are provided.
- Dealing with clients over the telephone and on arrival in reception
- Opening all incoming and dealing with all outgoing mail
- Ordering stationery
- Setting up new case files and assisting with both Personal and Corporate Insolvency Cases
- Preparation of statutory paperwork and other legal documents
- Aiding in the preparation of documents for banks and other financial institutions
- Corresponding with creditors and other interested parties.
This list is not exhaustive and the Office Assistant will be expected to complete other tasks as and when required provided this is within their scope of competency and that adequate training and supervision has been arranged.
Key skills required:
- Ideally the Office Assistant will have attained a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, 2 of which must be in Maths and English.
- Good telephone manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written.
- Ability to be proactive and assertive in ensuring all employees adhered to office requirements.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work at all levels
- Ability to adapt to different situations
- Deadlines are adhered to in respect of daily activities
- Work completed to required standards in agreed timescales
Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.